Conferences and CampsConferences and Camps esembrat3 Tue, 09/03/2013 - 08:13
Below are some of the conferences and smaller 'camp' sessions that members of our Drupal community often attend.
Due to the unusual circumstances of this year, many conferences from March onward are being canceled or made online only. Known updates have been posted below, but always check a conference's website for the latest details.
- February 21 - 23, 2020 : Florida DrupalCamp (Orlando, FL)
- March 18 - 21, 2020 : MidCamp (Chicago, IL)
May 18 - 22, 2020: DrupalCon (Minneapolis, MN) [Postponed; Date/Format TBD]
- July 10 - 12, 2020 : Drupal Camp Asheville (Asheville, NC)
- September 10 - 12, 2020 : DrupalCamp Atlanta
- October 14 - 17, 2020 : BADCamp (Berkeley, CA)
- November 7, 2020 : DrupalCamp Chattanooga (Chattanooga, TN)
- TBD : interactUSG (TBD, GA) (Formerly the Georgia Summit and Rock Eagle IT Conferences)
There is also a more comprehensive list of web development related conferences on the Georgia Tech Webmasters website.
In addition, there are some third-party Drupal conference and camp lists you can peruse:
Past ConferencesPast Conferences klp Mon, 01/25/2016 - 12:39
DrupalCon Austin - June 2014DrupalCon Austin - June 2014 esembrat3 Wed, 05/21/2014 - 15:17
DrupalCon Austin 2014 - Around Town (Sightseeing and Food)DrupalCon Austin 2014 - Around Town (Sightseeing and Food) esembrat3 Wed, 05/21/2014 - 15:21
As with every DrupalCon event, half of the excitement of being in a new city is taking in the sights and sounds between sessions and before/after the conference.
Food & Drink
- Gourdough's Specialty Donuts
- Austin, Texas Food Guide
- Food Tours (might give good ideas about yummy places)
Sights & Sounds
- Join Fletch's caravan to Round Rock Monday evening to see the Round Rock Express (AAA affiliate of the the Texas Rangers) play the Omaha Storm Chasers. Fletch will provide transportation. Tickets are $14 and will be purchased no later than Friday, May 23, so if you want to go, contact email@example.com A.S.A.P.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Top 25 things to do in Austin
- Baylor Street Art Wall: "This is one of those Austin stops that uniquely captures the essence of Austin. Once slated to be a condo project that ended up not materializing, the concert foundation has become a canvas for local graffiti artists. It is constantly changing, just like the city. While there be sure to climb to the top to get a great view of the city. Location: 11th & Baylor Street"
- Esther's Follies: comedy club
- Lady Bird Lake Hike-and-Bike Trail.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center (a drive)
- Congress Avenue Bridge / Austin Bats
- Cathedral of Junk: in someone's backyard.
DrupalCon Austin 2014 - Networking and Social EventsDrupalCon Austin 2014 - Networking and Social Events esembrat3 Wed, 05/21/2014 - 15:23
Chat with other Drupalistas, discuss the opportunities of working in higher education, and spread your Drupal knowledge near and far.
- List of Social events on DrupalCon site
- Board game night on Wednesday (please bring games to share! Unofficially hosted by Adelle)
DrupalCon Austin 2014 - 06/03 PhaseOne MeetupDrupalCon Austin 2014 - 06/03 PhaseOne Meetup esembrat3 Thu, 05/29/2014 - 11:36
We got an invite from Phase2 to a party they're throwing on Tuesday night.
- Date: Tuesday, June 3rd 2014
- Time: 9pm - onwards
- Location: Container Bar
Anyway, they said the more the merrier, so let me know if any of you want to go and I'll include you on the RSVP.
DrupalCon Austin 2014 - 06/04 Education Industry Meetup (Sponsored by Acquia)DrupalCon Austin 2014 - 06/04 Education Industry Meetup (Sponsored by Acquia) esembrat3 Tue, 05/27/2014 - 09:00
DrupalCon Austin 2014 - 06/04 Forum One MeetupDrupalCon Austin 2014 - 06/04 Forum One Meetup esembrat3 Thu, 05/29/2014 - 11:30
Drupal extraordinaire (and ex GT employee) Derek Moon ( http://forumone.com/staff/derek-moon/ ) has invited the GT Drupal community to an after-party hosted by his new comfy digs at Forum One.
Details are below:
Where: Brass House, 115 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701
When: Wednesday June 4, 2014. 6-8 pm CDT
Why: Live music, light food, and a free drink or two!
I should note that Brass House is also the same place that the Acquia Education Networking event (also on Wednesday, 06/04, from 5-6:30pm) is being held. So stop by, knock two social events off in one go, and catch up with Derek!
Should be a good warm up for Adelle's Board Game Night.
DrupalCon Austin 2014 - Session PlanningDrupalCon Austin 2014 - Session Planning esembrat3 Wed, 05/21/2014 - 15:19
Having trouble selecting a session at DrupalCon? Can't decide between two? Help the GT Drupal community crowdsource the best sessions for GT Drupalistas to attend in Austin.
- Pre-Keynote (Exhibit Hall): always SUPER funny! Wear your superhero costume, so JAM doesn't feel too lonely in his!
- Group Photo & Coffee Break (Exhibit Hall)
- Content Staging in Drupal 8 (Room 18 - Acquia, 4th floor)
DrupalCon Portland - May 2013DrupalCon Portland - May 2013 afrank30 Wed, 03/13/2013 - 10:39
This page details the Georgia Tech community efforts and plans for DrupalCon 2013 in Portland, Oregon.
Plans at DrupalCon
For those who may not have heard of DrupalCon, Drupal.org has an article: What is DrupalCon?
DrupalCon 2013 Session Schedule (PDF)
Addendum from Eric H. on places to go...
A volunteer at my wife's work (Habitat for Humanity) who recently moved here from Portland shared some great recommendations (below), plus a guide he and his wife put together for their out of town guests at their wedding.
- Stumptown Annex on SE Belmont, free coffee cuppings (tastings) daily at 3:00
- Water Ave Coffee, SE Water Ave
- Sterling Coffee, NW 21st
- Barista, NE Alberta
- Cascade Brewing, SE Belmont, amazing sour beers
- Green Dragon, SE Belmont, Crazy selection of beer
- The Horse Brass, SE Belmont, Awesome selection of beer and the best halibut fish and chips anywhere
- Gigantic Brewing, SE 26th Ave, Small out of the way micro brewery
- 5th Quadrant, N Williams, Must try their Lompoc Strong Draft
- Yoko's Sushi, SE Gladstone, Tiny neighborhood sushi joint, best sushi I've ever had
- Toast, SE 52nd, Great breakfast, try the Badass Sandwich
- The Woodsman Tavern, SE Division
- Pok Pok, Thai food, SE Division
- Little T's, SE Division, best bakery in town
- Lardo, SE Hawthorne, crazy good sandwiches
- Bunk Bar, SE Water Ave, awesome sandwiches
- The Farm*, SE Burnside, great NW cuisine
*I went to this restaurant when I was in Portland for WebVisions in '08 -- great place, and not a far cry from a true "Portlandia" experience.