Whitepages GT Directory ServerWhitepages GT Directory Server esembrat3 Fri, 01/11/2013 - 12:58
There is a public-facing LDAP server from which you can pull general directory information from without authentication. This server is only accessible from servers and workstations located on one of the Georgia Tech campus subnets.
Use the default settings, unless otherwise stated beow:
- LDAP Server Type - Open LDAP
- LDAP Server - ldap://whitepages.gatech.edu
- LDAP Port - 389
- Binding Method - Anonymous Bind
- Base DNs for LDAP users, groups, and other entires this server configuration - dc=whitepages,dc=gatech,dc=edu
- AuthName attribute - uid
- Email attribute - mail
To test queries, see the OIT article on LDAP.
- Mac Mail: LDAP Server: whitepages.gatech.edu (adding "ldap://" into the field causes the lookup to fail for me. --Sterling)