Process for Adding a Page
- After logging in to your website, you will see a black menu bar across the top (if you do not see a black menu bar, contact your site administrator for assistance).
- Select the Content menu, then Add content. You will see a list of different types of content that you can add. If your site is using the custom GT Content Types, and you are adding a top-level (AKA landing) page, we recommend that you choose Multipurpose page, as this will give you the most options for formatting and layout. If your site is not using GT Content Types, or if you are creating an inside page that doesn't need a lot of special formatting, you should choose Basic page.
- Type your page title into the Title field.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and select URL Path Settings. If your site has the option, you can either check the "Automatic Alias" box, or type in your own. To create your own, you should use the page title, or some variation of it. This will be used in the page’s URL. Always use lowercase letters and dashes between words. Do not end your alias with a “/”
- To add breadcrumb links and/or to have the page show up in your website menu, go to Menu Settings. Check the "Provide a Menu Link" box. The Menu Link Title field will automatically populate with your page title. You can change it if you'd like. Next, decide what menu you want this page added to, by selecting it from the "Parent Item" drop-down list. If you want this page to be a main menu item in the gold bar, select, "Main Menu."
- Select the Save button, and you’re done.
Adding Content to the Page
- You can now scroll back up the page and start adding content, or you can return to it later, by locating the page in the Content List.
- Learn how to add content to a Multipurpose page in this tutorial [add link].