Process for Adding a Page
- After logging in to your website, you will see a black menu bar across the top (if you do not see a black menu bar, contact your site administrator for assistance).
- Select the Content menu, then Add content. You will see a list of different types of content that you can add. If your site is using the official Georgia Tech theme, then you should choose Basic page unless you know you want to add a special type of content.
- Type your page title into the Title field.
- Look to the right of the body content for URL ALIAS settings. If your site has the option, you can either check the "Generate automatic URL alias" box, or type in your own. To create your own, you should use the page title, or some variation of it. This will be used in the page’s URL. Always use lowercase letters and dashes between words. Aliases must start with a forward slash (/) and can contain forward slashes to place a page underneath a parent page, but should never end with a forward slash. Please note that in Drupal 9, breadcrumbs are based on the URL Alias, not the menu page! If you want breadcrumbs to work correctly, your URL aliases must be created with the same tree structure as your main menu.
- To have the page show up in your website menu, go to MENU SETTINGS and check the "Provide a Menu Link" box. The "Menu link title" field will automatically populate with your page title. You can change it if you'd like. Next, decide what menu you want this page added to, by selecting it from the "Parent Item" drop-down list. If you want this page to be a main menu item in the gold bar, select, "Main navigation."
- Select the Save button, and you’re done.
Adding Content to the Page
- You can now scroll back up the page and start adding content, or you can return to it later, by locating the page in the Content List.
- Learn how to add content to a Multipurpose page in this tutorial [add link].