Overview of Steps
- Upload your video to YouTube and add accessible captions.
- Choose a name for your video.
- Select Create Video on the left side and follow these instructions:
- Enter a title for the video, which will appear next to the video within a news or event item.
- Enter the You Tube URL for the video
- Select any appropriate categories from the list and enter any keywords for the video.
- Choose the appropriate group(s) in the Groups audience field.
- Select Save.
Video Naming for Ease of Access
Make it easier to find videos when trying to add them to news items. Use a simple pattern for the Title field, such as:
- Organization name or abbreviation: Clough
- Significant subprogram or subcategory for your organization: Art Crawl or Students
- Date image was created or uploaded: 2013
- Short phrase describing image (1-4 words): Winners in photography
In this example, your title for this video would be: "Clough Art Crawl 2013 - Winners in photography."
Where to Add Videos for News/Events
On both the Create Event and Create News pages, you can add videos under the section called Media.
To attach individual videos, start typing the title of a video you've created into one of these Media fields.