About Drafts and Revisions
If your site has Revisioning installed and turned on (a standard feature for Drupal Express sites), then the following concepts will apply:
- After you have created or edited a page or block, it is saved as a draft.
- Every time you make a change to a page or block and save it, you create a new revision.
- In order to see your new content on your website, you must publish it.
The great thing about revisions is that you can compare versions and even revert back to an earlier version.
Viewing, Editing, Comparing, and Deleting Revisions
- Navigate to the page you want to publish. Select the "Revisions" tab at the top of the page.
- The last version of your page will be the first one on the list. If you have not yet published it, it will be highlighted in pink with the words, "In Draft/Pending Publication" in the "Status" column next to it.
- Select the date link to view your draft. Now you can edit the latest version, compare it to the version that is currently published, delete it, or publish it.
- Navigate to your draft by following the steps above, OR, if you have just saved your page, the "Publish" button should appear at the top of the page.
- Select the "Publish" button.
- Select the "Publish" button to confirm that, yes, you really do want to make this revision go live.
- Select on the "Revisions" tab at the top of the page.
- Select on the date of the draft/revision you want to unpublish in the Revision table, which will probably be the most recent revision at the top, and will say, "Current Revision (Published)" in the Status column next to it.
- Above the Revision table, select the "Unpublish Current Revision" link
- On the next page, select the "Unpublish" button to confirm that you do indeed want to unpublish this page.
- Select the save button.