Drupal 7 Georgia Tech Theme
Since September of 2013, Georgia Tech Institute Communications has provided an official Georgia Tech Drupal theme suitable for all official unit websites, including but not limited to college, school, project center, and administrative units. This Drupal 7 (D7) theme implements the Georgia Tech Website Visual Style Requirements that all official websites are expected follow.
2019 Updated Drupal 7 Theme
A new version of the Drupal 7 Georgia Tech Theme updated to the new "Tech Gold" color scheme was released in early March 2019. Please note that the first release, 3.0, does have some known issues, so you may want to wait until 3.1 comes out before upgrading.
Drupal 7 Theme Configuration Walk-through Video
If you are new to the Georgia Tech Drupal theme, you can watch the installation and configuration of the Georgia Tech Theme section of the video recording of the November 2013 GT Build Day. This is the first section of the video and runs approximately 45 minutes.
Drupal 8 Georgia Tech Theme
Institute Communications' project to create a new theme that's compatible with Drupal 8 (D8) will go through several phases, from April to October 2018, and into early 2019.
Drupal 8 Theme Completed Deliverables
- The beta version of the Drupal 8 Mercury Reader module was released in mid-August
- The Georgia Tech-branded header and footer design (access the full header and footer spec sheet)
- The beta version of the completed Drupal 8 A theme (header and footer only) was made available in October
Based on feedback from campus stakeholders, Institute Communications will revisit the current Drupal 7 theme, incorporating the new header-footer design, in early 2019. The Drupal 8 B theme, which will include components/elements built into CKEditor and brand-aligned body design styles applied to views, has been added to the project list.
Drupal 8 Theme Target Dates
- Body design elements style sheet: first week of December
- Drupal 8 B theme: TBD
Drupal 8 Theme Timeline (Subject to Change)
Drupal 8 Theme Development Contacts
Director of Institute Digital Strategy
Email: Louise Russo
Director of Institute Marketing and Communications Consulting
Email: Tionna Carthon
Page Update History
- Edited November 15, 2018: Moved delivery date for body design elements spec sheet from November to first week in Dec.
- Edited November 13, 2018: Moved delivery date for Drupal 7 theme from first week in January to late January.
- Edited November 13, 2018: Added Drupal 8 B theme to calendar for delivery mid-February.
- Edited August 9, 2018: Changed Mercury Reader module delivery date from end of July to mid-August