For most general use cases, we recommend the OIT Web Hosting turnkey install option of Drupal 10: when requesting a new Web Hosting account, you can mark the Drupal Express option on the request form and your account will be pre-loaded with a ready-to-use version of Drupal 10 complete with the official Georgia Tech web theme and page layout system.
Some users may wish to manually set up Drupal 10 with Georgia Tech components. A Drupal 10 GT Installer script is available to install Drupal Core, the GT Theme, the GT Tools module, and the Curie profile.
NOTE: If you want to have the Georgia Tech theme blocks for Layout Builder in your site, you should install the site either through the GT Installer script or the turnkey option mentioned above. While not impossible, it is difficult to properly install these components into an already existing Drupal 10 website.
- Download the installer script to a directory outside of the project path. Otherwise, you will receive a “$PROJECTPATH is not empty” error.
- If you have receive a memory limit error, you can set the composer memory limit with the following command:
- Download and unzip the gt_installer project.
- At the command line, navigate to the gt_installer directory.
- Make sure the file 'install.sh' is executable.
- Run ./install.sh and follow the prompts:
Enter the full path to your project directory: /c/path/to/your/installation-folder
Enter your database username: database_username
Enter your database password: database_password
Enter your database host (probably localhost): localhost
Enter the database port: 3306
Enter the name of the database: database_name
Enter the site name: Site Name
Enter the site email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions courtesy of Veronique Topping.