If you run into a problem editing your Drupal website and need to get help from the community, please use the following guidelines to best share and explain the problem you have encountered.
- First, take a picture of the whole screen of your computer, making sure you are on the problem page and, if possible, showing the error you encountered. You can capture screenshots on either a Mac or on a Windows computer.
- Next, make sure to include the full web address (or URL) of the problem page. For example:
- Clearly Describe the problem:
- Explain exactly what were you trying to do.
- Tell us what actually happened, and how that differed from what you expected to happen
- Type out any error messages that you received that aren't overly long. Some people block images in their emails, and you can get a quicker response from them if they can just read the error message without having to manually open your screen capture image.
- Email your screenshots, URL, and description of the problem to whoever helps you with your website. If you don't have anyone, you can always send to the Georgia Tech Drupal Mailing List and hope someone knows how to solve your problem.