Topics covered: image gallery show-and-tell by Joanie Chembars & Brian Danin; Staging Drupal on gatech.edu by Adam Arrowood.
I. Image gallery Show-and-Tell
Joanie Chembars - Architecture (http://id.gatech.edu/gallery, leverages Drupal)
- clones image submitted by student as a submission to be approved by admins/professors
- Uses Views with Exposed Filters
Brian Danin - Comm & Marketing (http://gatech.edu/photos, leverages Flickr)
- Flickr field added to pages (so flickr controls permissions for uploading by Comm team)
- Also uses media and lightbox modules (can't use in D7 because it auto creates ALL sets in Drupal, not just chosen ones)
- Backup locally, but share via already-created software (Flickr & its API)
- There are legal release forms for photos/videos on http://gatech.edu/comm/toolbox/index.html
II. Staging Drupal for fun and profit on www.gatech.edu
- Adam Arrowood - OIT web hosting
- Goals: performance (caching), seamless testing/staging/production moves, security, reliability, etc.