Topics covered: Responsive Theming with Omega - Tim Whelan.
I. Tim Whelan "My work responsive theming with Omega"
- Tim's Powerpoint Presentation
- Some related links:
II. Key concepts
Design for FLUID grids, with BREAK POINTS.
- Use PERCENTAGES (%) for everything.
- Image handling gets tricky (upload all images in 3 diff sizes because not all browsers can do % for images). Will VML (Vector Markup Language) save us someday?
- Omega & Fusion & Adaptive themes: nice UI, LOTS of options (sometimes too many), but quick to set up because of this. (Adaptive more accessible).
- Display suite module (control content display using a drag and drop interface)
- Fences module (specify an HTML element for each field)
Current Drupal is hard to change output HTML in (see mothership theme for attempts to combat 'div-itis')
- Mega menus can help explain structure of site. See Tim's presentation for JS code.