Topics covered: Survey of sites on Web hosting, Ajax in Drupal's Form API, New D7 Theme for GT, reports from DrupalCon Portland (last month).
Survey of sites on web hosting (Adam Arrowood & Doug Curtis)
- Adam Arrowood and Doug Curtis have been counting websites at Georgia Tech.
- Hear what they are up to.
Ajax in the Forms API (Fletcher Moore) (download slides and sample module)
- Quick introduction to writing modules & the Drupal hook system (if needed)
- Writing Ajax without writing JS
- coda: Ajax framework commands
- The New GT Drupal 7 Theme: coming soon! (Eric Huffman)
Stuff we Learned at DrupalCon (which was in Portland last month):
- All video presentations are ONLINE (at session pages on https://portland2013.drupal.org/program/schedule)
Particularly good presentations to watch:
- Hilarious & relevant keynote on content strategy (see: toast printer): Thriving in a world of change: Future-friendly content with Drupal
- Behat, Behavioral-Driven Development and Selenium in Drupal
- Drupal Jeopardy & Harlem shake: The wonders of Drupal (see the harlem shake at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aPnKI-2LiQ)
- Unconsortium: the Next Phase of Drupal Collaboration in Higher Education
- Others we liked...?
- Fun photos: http://www.flickr.com/groups/drupalconportland/
- Symfony presentation videos will be up sometime at: http://www.youtube.com/user/SensioLabs
- WebVisions videos available (with an email sign up as DrupalCon combo pass) at: http://www.webvisionsevent.com/portland/videos
- Other ideas/problems?
- Seeking volunteer note-takers (to rotate) for our monthly meetings.
- Sadly, nothing special about this summer solstice for egg-balancers
- Campus Map: http://map.gtalumni.org/index.php?id=74
- Article on new GT eatery: http://nique.net/news/2013/03/28/highland-bakery-opens-its-doors
- We're going to try a different location, to see if the chance to buy yummy food draws more people <grin>